weGuard Technology is taking the spread of corona virus seriously, we are working hard to keep our clients, and local community safe. So far, we have helped most of our clients and transitioned them to work remotely.
By now most of the non-essential business, schools, organizations have been shut down to slow down the spread of corona virus around the world. And as Corona virus (COVID-19) forces people to avoid physical gatherings, non-essential businesses, schools, organizations have been shut down. Remote work has become the norm now a days, but how to make the most out of it? What approaches tricks and tools are available to stay productive and to be safe against the cyber crimes and phishing and cyber-attacks.
Here are some of our recommendations to take
Create a Foundation for Remote Access
Create a Foundation for Remote Access
- Reliable Internet Access: employees will need a fast, reliable internet access. Make sure they have good bandwidth necessary for your remote workforce. Get in touch with your internet provider (ISP) and check for better speed, most of the time they have good deals than your current plan.
- Devices: Employees may use their own devices, but it can be risky due to lack of security solutions. You should assess their existing hardware or use virtual desktop solutions which allows end users to connect to their work computers
- VPN: A Virtual Private Network (VPN) enables employees to access the office network via a secure, encrypted tunnel that keeps sensitive data safe and secure against unauthorized access.
- Remote Access tools: There are some other remote access tools which enables employees to connect to their office computers using these tools. The most famous ones are Team Viewer, Goto My PC, Screen Connect and many more. For better security keep in mind to enable 2 Factor authentication for using these tools.
Provide Access to Collaboration Tools &Line of Business Applications
Once you have a secure foundation for remote work, it is time to sort out how employees will access important information, share files, collaborate on documents. Below are some collaboration platforms which can be used for remote workforce.
Microsoft Office 365 platform: Give your employees access to emails, calendar, contact, files sharing and collaboration, audio and video conference calls using below tools and applications from Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Online email
- Microsoft Office online
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Teams (Chat, Audio, Video conferencing)
Business Phone system: such as a VoIP Solutions which enables employees to access their work line from anywhere and from any device. They can make / receive calls over the internet and maintain access to their office phone system’s features such as
- Find me follow me feature
- Voicemail to email
- Conference calling and much more
Microsoft Teams or formally Skype for Business has these capabilities for chat, audio and video calls. Also, to collaborate documents and files, or work together on a project or teamwork.
Video Conferencing Tools: Video conferencing will be an essential tool for remote workforce, to contact virtual conference, meetings, staff meetings, or webinars. Some famous tools available in the market are
Encourage a Positive Remote Work Culture
Lastly it is time to encourage a positive remote work culture. For many remote works is a new concept that they are not familiar with and unfortunately it is fundamentally different than working in the office.
Lastly it is time to encourage a positive remote work culture. For many remote works is a new concept that they are not familiar with and unfortunately it is fundamentally different than working in the office. Here are few ways to encourage a positive remote work culture.
- Enforce a consistent work schedule in terms of hours
- Offer moral support to employees struggling with concerns
- Provide positive reinforcement for successes and/or project completions
weGuard Tech is taking the spread of corona virus seriously. We are working hard to keep our clients safe. So far, we have helped quite a few of those we serve transition to a remote workforce.
Get in Touch with weGuard Tech to Get Started with Remote Work. for More Information.